Ultimately the relationship between the client and the carer is a working relationship. If the relationship is not working then our advice is for you to replace a carer with another care worker. If the dispute is of a serious nature, eg a criminal act, then you must report it at once to the police and Curam and we will investigate immediately. We take all reports of unacceptable behaviour by carers extremely seriously. If we receive a formal complaint against a carer from a client we will immediately inform his other clients and reserve the right to either prevent the care worker from acquiring new clients or in cases of a serious nature remove them from the platform immediately.
Articles in this section
- How do I search for care workers or personal assistants?
- What areas of the UK do you cover?
- Do people see my personal and contact information?
- Is Curam registered with the Care Quality Commission/Care Inspectorate/Regulation and Quality Improvement Authority?
- Can we know if and when a carer has completed their visit?
- Can organisations or companies use the Curam platform?
- Does Curam have an affiliate marketing programme?
- How does Curam approve its carers and what background checks do you do on your carers?
- But surely Curam should choose the best carers – as agencies claim to do?
- Should I meet a carer before agreeing a contract?