We want you to look your best on your profile picture as this is the first time potential clients can see you. It is extremely important that it is a good one. Clients have the choice and first impressions do matter.
- Ask someone else to take your photo - no selfies
- Use a neutral background – plain or brick wall, fence or simple greenery, will keep the focus on you
- Use even lighting – if you are outdoors, find a nice shaded spot – direct sunlight can be unflattering. If indoors try and find a spot that is lit with natural lighting (from a window)
- Dress smartly – pick clothing that contrasts with your chosen background.
- A head & shoulders shot is ideal for your profile picture
- Avoid using filters
- Look straight at the camera
- Unless you have a beard or moustache clean-shaven is best